Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter Weather

It's snowing here in East TN. It's also cold and the temperature is going down. Black ice was the phrase of the day on all the news stations. We have stones in our walkway. Each one is a little ice covered stone. I don't go out on days like this. I'm not afraid to drive. Having lived as long as we did in the Ohio snow belt taught me a lot about icy and snowy driving. No, I don't go out because I have no assurance that the other drivers have the same driving skills I possess. And I'd rather not find out that they don't.

So here I sit. I have homemade chicken noodle soup in the crock pot. I pulled out the bread machine so we'll have some fresh bread to go with the soup. And I'm experimenting with a puff pastry fruit thing for dinner. I'll let you know how that comes out.

I'm almost finished with a scarf to match my new hat and have started a hat for a friend who is in the local rehab hospital. He had a stroke and is having to re-learn lots of things. He's a good man. I'm hoping he'll be needing a hat when the weather gets a little warmer and he's able to go outside.

The sun is now out and it's still snowing. Got to love east TN weather.

No comments: