Friday, January 18, 2008

Shower Curtain

When we moved our bedroom from upstairs to down, I bought a new shower curtain for the bathroom. I went to a big box home improvement store and found a white waffle designed cotton curtain. The lighting isn't that great in there so I wanted plain white.



This past Monday I decided it was CLEAN the bathroom day. That means scrubbing, polishing and lots of laundry. I washed all the mats, rugs and curtains. Now I have to ask a question. Have you ever read the label on your fabric shower curtain? I haven't. I should have.


When I put it back up it had become a table cloth for a small table. I read the label...Dry clean only. DRY CLEAN ONLY?? Who dry cleans a shower curtain. Who would make a curtain that needs it. Gee.


So since Monday, the bathroom looks like this.




Now the liner serves it's purpose, But I'm not crazy over a per chance glimpse in the mirror. I might just quit taking showers. And I don't want to go searching for another curtain.


Here's my thought and I need some advice...


I ended up with a quilt top that my mother made.




I don't have a clue how old it is. I don't recognize any of the fabrics. It's at least 54 years old. (Am I giving anything away?) The original plan for it was to of course make it into a quilt. But I'm not a quilter. So I'm thinking about putting some backing on it, running a piece along the back to hang on a tension rod, finish off the sides and make it into a shower curtain. If I do, you can be sure that next time I WILL dry clean this one.


So do you think it's a good idea? I need help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your decision would depend on how much you love the quilt top. The shower would be a bit hard on old fabrics, I would guess, because of humidity and being pulled back and forth. You might ask the nice people at the quilt store in J'boro, across from the Visitors' Center. They seemed knowledgeable.