Friday, February 8, 2008

Click to Give

There are ceertain sites I go to daily. I even have them bookmarked in a folder called Daily.

I have three newspaper sites
1. Johnson City (TN) Press
2. Greenville (SC) News
3. Anderson (SC) IndependentMail

I have one knitting site I visit: Ravelry

Now you might think I have alot of blog sites because I read a lot of blogs daily. But I use Bloglines to tell me when my favorite blogs have been updated. And that site is one of my home page tabs.

There is one other daily site.

Did you know that within a matter of seconds (about15) you can:
  • Give 1.1 cups of food to the hurgry
  • Help give free mammograms
  • Help a child in need get healthcare
  • Help a child in need attain literacy
  • Help to protect 11.4 square feet of rainforest.
  • Give the value of .6 bowls of food to rescued animals.

The site is Greater Good. com

Is it for real? Well, I cannot find anything that says it isn't. You know the internet. If there's something bogus out there usually someone will blow the whistle. The site proclaims that:
Each person's daily click on the Click To Give™ sites displays sponsor
advertising. One hundred percent (100%) of sponsor advertising is paid as a
royalty to charity through the non-profit, tax-exempt GreaterGood.org.

There are also opportunities to support the sponsors. I've looked at some of the stores and there's some neat stuff offered. They also accept monatery donations.

I look at it this way: if it is for real then it's about 15 seconds of my life to help those 6 causes listed above. If it's a scam, then all I lost was 15 seconds. And as long as I'm not eating something fattening in those 15 seconds as opposed to clinking the sites, then I haven't lost anything.

Anyone else out there a Click To Give™ er?

PS
Why do I read the newspapers? I check the obituaries. I am my mother's daugher. She used to bring the paper in, open it on the kitchen table, turn to the back of the first section and read the obituaries. I have become the electronic equivalent of my mother. Sigh!!

No comments: